Time to PretendPosted: March 29, 2013 | |
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them-
In some ways learning how to be happy daily is a lot like learning how to ride a bike; there is a learning curve, and you are going to crash.
There is infinite wisdom, innocence of a child learning how to ride a bike, if we can pay attention long enough (stop taking videos – updating status …) and watch?!? Kids have the keen ability to show us what the true ‘secret’ to happiness is. By kindly placing our adult baggage aside, witness ‘happiness’ as the little ones roll on … Believe in yourself (everyday) and Practice (everyday). A child learning how to ride a bike doesn’t know and quite frankly doesn’t care that there are a plethora of different pathways to achieve happiness: kissing a loved one in the morning, holding hands, meditation, mindfulness, spiritual awakening, whatever. A child simply wants you to experience what they are feeling in this moment; “I believe I can do this bike riding thing, I’m smiling and I am true to myself.”
Believe in yourself this morning and Practice, everyday. Be well and have a great weekend.
Share, and share alike ...
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)