Thursday 12 January 2012Posted: January 12, 2012
How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterward-
“Motivate this, motivate that. You are doing it wrong. Here, here peeps let me show you how…” Go ahead right now on your WordPress search machine or that new Google thing and search: Fitness+Motivation. Go ahead now young héroe! We’ll kick back a cold VitaCoco as you lose yourself into the abyss. El prestigioso Motivational Department here at CultFit HQ want to have a heart-to-heart with you today.
After reading countless pages of nauseating, good old reach around mindless rubbish. Blog-o-sphere motivational types: Thank you for just being mediocre!
Understand there is a fine line in the minutia of what we are writing to you today: Douche or no douche, ¿estamos claros?
- Set your goal exceeding high and hold yourself accountable
- Understand you will not exceed easily
- Cultivate Confidence
Please let us know if the example below fails to capture what most of “you” are doing later today:
- You tell the world via Twitter/Blog/Facebook that you are training for a Marathon or whatever.
- You set some goals and a little plan on how to go about doing it.
- You buy an Affliction shirt or some hot yoga pants from Lululemon to build your confidence
- You post later in the day how life sucks due to the fact you had to wait in traffic on the way to the gym.
We understand it’s hard to fail. Old Uncle Caleb here recently competed in a power lifting meet(after posting his training video on the YouTube) only to be beaten by a 70-year-old woman.
There are no easy plans/charts/graphs or theory’s that painstakingly describe how to motivate you, none. So let’s put on our paleo cliche faces for a moment and ask a few questions that most of us should relate to:What motivates you to brush and floss your teeth? What motivates you to show #2 who it really works for?
Somewhere out on the south 40 there is an answer…
Rest Day of sorts…
Leg Drains and Mini Cardio…Quick question? How does the Google Machine work?