… Look to this day!
For it is life, the very life of life
For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision
But today well lived makes
every yesterday a dream of happiness
And tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore, to this day!
Such is the salutation of the dawn-
This post comes from the heart and we mean this sincerely: We cherish each and every reader that stops over for a visit. Our challenge to you over the next few days and heck, until January 2nd, 2013 is to embrace and intertwine the following thoughts into every fabric of your existence.
Thoughts for living an Authentic Day:
– Just for today, I will try to live through this day only – and not tackle my whole life’s problems at once.
– Just for today, I will be happy. This assumes that what Abraham Lincoln said is true: “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Happiness is from within — it is not a matter of externals.
– Just for today, I will adjust myself to What Is and not try to adjust everything to my Own Desires. I will take my family, my work, and my luck as they come and fit myself to them.
– Just for today, I will take care of my body. I will exercise it, care for it, and nourish it and not abuse nor neglect it, so that it will be a perfect machine for my will.
– Just for today, I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer all day. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
– Just for today, I will exercise my soul in three ways: 1- I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. If anybody knows of it, it will not count. 2- I will do at least two things I don’t want to do, just for exercise of will-power. 3- I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt. They may be hurt, but today I will not show it.
– Just for today, I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress as becomingly as possible, talk low, act courteously, be generous with praise and criticize not one bit nor find fault with anything. I will try not to regulate nor improve anyone.
– Just for today, I will have a program. I will write down just what I expect to do every hour. I may not follow it exactly, but I’ll have it as a pattern to follow. It will save me from the two pests - HURRY and INDECISION.
– Just for today, I will have a quiet half-hour, all by myself to relax. In this half-hour, some time, I will think of a higher power, so as to get a little more perspective to my purpose in life.
– Just for today, I will be unafraid, more specifically: I will not be afraid to be happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, to love and to believe that those I love, love me.
Link of the Day: Instead of giving Random Advice to others? Take a few minutes to Learn Something Meaningful.
Dust off the old Kettle-Bells and meet us out back …
The CultFit KB “Bear“
Double KB Dead Clean
Double KB Front Squat + Press
Double KB Shoulder Squat + Press
Double KB Stiff Leg Dead Lift + Bent Over Row
All of the movements above, combined together in one fluid movement equals One Rep … How does 10 reps sound?!?
Anyone and we mean anyone can learn to perform: Yoga, X-Fit, Boot Camp, Pilates, Kipping Stuff and anything else you can think of. <— This is not CultFit!
Are you familiar with the grey matter between your ears and that “thing” that beats wildly in your chest when confronted with a challenge? <— This is CultFit … ENJOY!!!
A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real, so he escapes the suffering-
Today’s Sign of the Apocalypse: CultFit Sweet Schwag
**The lowdown: These shirts are really simple, no frills and capture our spirit completely. If you want something fancy, exotic to wear to yoga class? These are not for you.**
This post is going to be painfully simple although its success relies solely on your participation! Don’t mind us as we roll up our sleeves on the old tweed jacket and toss you this “Little Gem” of a question:
“What are some little things that people do that really piss you off?“
We’ll start this discussion off on the right foot…
How about a nice refreshing Walk, Bike Ride or Trail Run in the park? Followed by:
On the minute for 30 minutes perform One Turkish Get Up (Left and Right = 1) Followed by:
On the hour for the rest of the day perform 25 Perfect Push Ups
We sincerely hope all of you peeps reading today with your Vita CoCo’s firmly in hand…Have a great weekend and ENJOY!!!
Relatives who do not understand your personality,Family and friends who look upon you with derision; Are foolish people who would call it pretty If you pierced your nose with a splinter of gold!-
Rest and Remembrance Day…
Today we give thanks to all of the brave men and women who so valiantly served past, present and future. Without your sacrifice we could not sit down this morning to write about what it means to be free. One day is not enough time to say “Thank You”…Be well and come home safely!
The mind that is anxious about future events is miserable-
It’s been a few months since we acted like a kid and had generous amounts of fun doing some work. To recap the week so far: Work, Yoga, Rest and now Tumbling! Pay close attention today and relate the fluid movement of yoga to the tumbling movements. Or at least try…There is a connection here, channel Gymnastic Floor routine and Yoga…
It’s critical to build a nice lather before you do this program. So on that note, it’s -4c and windy: Time for a Trail Run.
Forward Rolls X 10
Backward Rolls X 10
Dive Rolls X 10
Quick Rolls (3 successive rolls as fast as possible) X 4
Forward Roll To Bear Crawl x3
Backward Roll To Crab Crawl x3
High Knees (running drill, 40m)
Butt Kicks (running drill, 40m)
Seat Rolls To Carioca
One Legged Hops (get up high and far, 20m)
Two Legged Hops (get up high and far, 20m)
Back pedal (backwards run, reaching back)
Notes: As Random as things may seem around these parts of the blog-o-sphere. There is something going on at CultFit HQ especially when it starts getting colder outside. Hmm, ENJOY!!!
They can because they think they can-
This is a must read today peeps! As you know we don’t like decreeing to you from up on high…If you feel like it take a few moments this morning to read this piece and enjoy.
This one was recently sent in by Old Uncle Cornelius and fits in nicely with what we have been doing recently:
Rest Day to adjust our/your lifestyle…Technique work for the X-Fit albóndigas:
This is what Uncle Cornelius did:
Went for a walk first thing in the morning.
Parked the car considerably farther away from CultFit HQ.
Turned off the radio while driving to help center himself in quite thought.
Turned off his iPhone thingy after 11am…For the rest off the day so to speak!
Drank B/W in ounces of aqua during the day.
Notes: If you have a free minute go ahead and fire up the old Google machine and search…Screw it, just click the link provided for you! CLICK HERE
Most importantly today, ENJOY!!!